Just a few days ago Apple updated the firmware secret of their AirPods , from version 3.3.1 to version 3.5.1. This move surprised so much that many users even did not even know that the AirPods were able to receive updates.
As it is the first time something like this happens, we wanted to get things easier with a guide to update the firmware of AirPods .
Reviewing and updating your AirPods is quite simple once you understand the procedure. But as usual, Apple has not told us how to do it ...
How to update your AirPods
1. Go to Settings> About on your iPhone / iPad.
2. Once here you need to have your AirPods close and open your case. The connectivity and status window will appear, but you can hide it and continue on the settings screen.
3. Click on the "AirPods" from the list of information the Settings application, option is located at the bottom.
4. In this new section you can check all the details about your AirPods from your iPhone, including model number, serial number, hardware version and firmware version.
5. Finally, update the firmware of your AirPods.
Apple released version 3.5.1 of AirPods with performance enhancements and some minor bug fixes. It seems that Apple will update its new toy automatically, as long as the AirPods are connected and paired with the iPhone / iPad .
If, for any reason, the update is not performed, you can use this procedure to do it manually. It's very simple!
Finally we recommend you take a look at the following video which explained in great detail how to check the status and update the firmware of Apple AirPods . What do you think about AirPods now that they have been in the market for a while? Have you ever lost them? What do you think about its sound quality? And what about Siri?